Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Fix Bumblebee After Updating Kernel Ubuntu

Hey guys. It's a long time since my last writing :D
Now I will discuss about bumblebee. We know that Bumblebee can be said to be nvidia optimus driver. But I get some trouble when I update my ubuntu kernel. If you get trouble too, follow this step :)


1. Removing Bumblebee & BBSwitch
sudo apt-get purge bbswitch-dkms bumblebee-nvidia
2.  Check what kernel that is currently used
uname -r
3. Reinstall the latest kernel
sudo apt-get install linux-headers-3.x.x-xx-generic
Note: X is the number of kernel version you get from the second step

4. Install Bumblebee & BBSwitch
sudo apt-get install bbswitch-dkms bumblebee-nvidia

And your NVIDIA Optimus is ready. Check it with optirun glxspheres :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment